A Creative Writing portfolio (back from a brief hiatus in which I almost drowned in Heidegger)

Monday, April 25, 2011

I'd Give Me to You

And I'd give my life for you
I hope you know
I'd breathe my final breaths
so you could breathe a hundred more.
I'll bake you a tiny portions of my love so
you can have a good taste in your mouth
and, hopefully, on some level, know that
this is because
I love you

And I'll coach you through
your silences
a loving gaze, a helping hand...
And I'll guide the pen across the page,
lulling your thoughts to rest,
the method behind your madness
And all I can hope is that you'd
do the same for me.

Only I know that you won't.

Words fail when actions refuse to begin

My watch ticks on, reminding me
that you're late.

I'd die for you, I hope you know

But you don't.
You don't know me at all

A thousand voices attack from all sides
My watch ticks on.
Love, when words end, actions must begin

No comments:

Post a Comment