A Creative Writing portfolio (back from a brief hiatus in which I almost drowned in Heidegger)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quiet

Today is a lovely day in Vancouver.
The birds are chirping
     (or so I see)
The leaves are rustling in a soft breeze
     (is that what I feel?)
The world glistens
     (I know this to be true)

With music blaring,
I bounce along, ignoring you and the rest of the world
To the personal rhythm in my mind
I feel the day.

We have lost the ability to live.
     I no longer feel.
     I only know

This influx of emotions is
overwhelming

short
stilted
sentences
incomplete....
Oh i'm confused

All you need is love, love... Love is all you need

I plug back in.
And the world goes quiet.

My problems are soft
    They fill my head
     And I think

But soon, I no longer do that

No comments:

Post a Comment